Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ready to Stretch Your Leadership Muscles?



I am incredibly disciplined at working out . . .  once a month.  It never fails.  I get frustrated just sitting around and then get suddenly inspired to go hit the weights and the excercise bike with all I've got.  You should see me.  I am a ball of atomic energy as I feverishly work every muscle from head to toe.  No pain, no gain, right?  Not quite.  The next day I have plenty of pain but have gained little.  I'm sore and exhausted and never quite get around to working out again until a month later when I'm feeling guilty and out of shape. 

I never get anywhere because you can't manufacture physical fitness in one day.  The same is true of leadership skills.  If you are volunteer in Children's Ministry, God wants you to grow both spiritually and as a leader.  Paul wrote that "physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." (1 Tim. 4:8)

Just like with physical training, it takes small doses of constant development to grow as a leader. 

That's why we've created the "Magnetic Children's Ministry" blog, to help awesome leaders like you to grow both in your faith and to give you practical tools to help you win with the kids.  Just click on this link and it will take you to the Magnetic Ministry Blog, a place full of resources for leaders who are in the trenches with kids every week. 

The coolest part is that you can just enter your email address and get this resource sent straight to your in-box!  So, what are you waiting for?  Head on over to the leadership blog and get ready to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment