Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Get Your Skates On



I don’t know about you, but I have great roller skating memories from childhood. I remember that I couldn’t wait to get to the rink and take off flying. It seemed like it took forever just to get out of the car, rent our stuff, and get my skates on. But once we were all set, it was total awesomeness.

Wind in my face. Disco ball spinning. Journey singing. Feet slipping. Skates flying. Tailbone smacking. Nacho eating.

Yes, it was the ultimate skating experience!

Best of all, I have fantastic memories with my family and friends just hanging out, laughing and clowning around on skates. It was just another excuse to be together and have some fun.

At the end of this month we want to give your family the same opportunity to make some awesome memories. If you have preschool or elementary children, come join us at Champs for our first Southland Skate night, Monday, February 28 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.

Our Children’s Ministry staff and families will be there to hang out and show off some our amazing skating skills. At the very least I’m sure you’ll see some of us demonstrate the spectacular art of falling. That alone will be worth the price of admission.

You don’t need to register or pay for your family in advance, so come on out for this fun connection opportunity. The cost at the door is $6 a person for skating. Laser Tag and snacks are separate. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment