Friday, October 15, 2010

Staff Spotlight: Jaclyn Phelps


Welcome to the first of our Staff Spotlight series here on the blog, a chance to get to know the Southland Kids' staff up close and personal.  First up, the awesome and talented Jaclyn Phelps!

What do you do?
I am one of the production staff on the weekends in Kindergarten - Second Grade.

How long have you been at Southland?
I have been attending Southland for about 8 years.

How long have you been on staff?
I have been on staff since March 2010, so about 7 months.

What do you love about Southland?
I love that so many people in the church love to serve and want to see people grow in their faith.

Why do you serve in Children's Ministry? What do you love most?
I love the kids. It is an amazing opportunity to teach children about Jesus and how He loves them.

What’s your favorite Bible verse?
"Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." Matt 6:33

What was your favorite TV show as an elementary kid?
Probably "Duck Tales."  It was a Disney show that came on after school or Laverne and Shirley reruns. I was a strange kid.

What is your hidden talent?
I am an amazing baker.

Be sure to say hi to Jaclyn and ask if she'll make you some cupcakes next time you see her down in K-2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment